The school season starting brings new challenges for some Florida families. Medicaid managed care plan, AmeriHealth Caritas Florida, has delivered school supplies to 2,000 Florida families over the course of just five back-to-school events.
AmeriHealth Caritas Florida, who took on this operation head on, operates as a Medicaid managed care plan through Florida’s Statewide Medicaid Managed Care program, serving enrollees living in Miami-Dade, Monroe, Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River and Okeechobee counties.
The five events that were recipients of the charitable works were spread across the state of Florida.
- Caribbean Community Connection of Orlando, Inc.’s 19th Annual Back to School Day Festival (St.
- Community Connexion’s Drive-Thru Back to School Giveaway (Miami-Dade County)
- Pine Ridge Holistic Living Center &; West Palm Beach Housing Authority’s Back to School
Resource Fair (Palm Beach County)
- Pathways to Prosperity’s Back to School Fair (Boynton Beach, Palm Beach County)
- Branches’ Back to School Bash (Miami-Dade County)
AmeriHealth Caritas Florida, aims to encourage good health for children so they may have the best head start as they head
back to school. From pencils, pens, post-it notes, and rulers, AmeriHealth Caritas Florida donated hundreds of each item. Including 300 pencil cases to Bethel Evangelical Church in Miami-Dade County and another 200 to Children’s Outreach Inc. in Palm Beach County.
"Education impacts every part of a person’s life, including their health and the opportunities available to them," said AmeriHealth Caritas Florida Market President Kathy Warner. "By providing children with the tools to succeed, including the basic supplies required in the classroom, we can help them feel more prepared to fully engage and learn."