Trump says all foreign military training in U.S. under review after shooting
Email FeatureEmail FeaturedFeaturedMarco RubioNational PoliticsPresident Donald Trump

Trump says all foreign military training in U.S. under review after shooting

1066
0
3,808SHARES

The mass shooting at the Pensacola Naval Air Base is officially being investigated as an act of terrorism.

21-year-old 2nd Lt. Mohammed Alshamrani, a student naval flight officer from the Royal Saudi Air Force, shot and killed 3 U.S. Navy personnel and wounded 8 others before responding police officers shot him dead.

According to the Associated Press, federal officials said that Ashamrani hosted a dinner party a few days before where he and the invitees watched videos of past mass shootings.

At the time of the shooting, all three of the students who went to the dinner party stayed outside of the classroom the shooting took place in.

One of the students actually filmed the shooting, while the other two watched from the car.

Excuse me for injecting my opinion, but these three knew what the shooter was going to do, did nothing to prevent the incident, and are complicit with the act of terrorism.

Questions are now being raised about the training foreign nationals at U.S. military installations.

“This has been done for many decades,” President Donald Trump said. “I guess we’re going to have to look into the whole procedure. We’ll start that immediately.”

During an appearance on Fox & Friends Sunday, Sen. Rick Scott (R) called for the suspension of the training program until the investigation is completed.

“We need to suspend this program while we do a full review,” stated Scott “And the Saudi government needs to step up and give full cooperation to American law enforcement.”

Sen. Marco Rubio (R) was on the ground at NAS Pensacola, tweeting that it was important to learn “how & why this attack happened so we can fix any shortcomings in our vetting of foreign military trainees.”

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R), who represents the district in which the naval base is situated, was the first to call the shooting an act of terror.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) held a press conference at the base and stated that the Saudi government is going to “owe a debt here.”

“The government of Saudi Arabia needs to make things better for these victims, and I think they’re going to owe a debt here given that this is one of their individuals,” said DeSantis.

This story is still developing.

3,808SHARES
Tagged:

Javier Manjarres is a nationally renowned award-winning South Florida-based political journalist owns Diverse New Media, Corp. which publishes Floridianpress.com, Judicialpost.com, shark-tank.com, and Hispolitica.com He enjoys traveling, playing soccer, mixed martial arts, weight-lifting, swimming and biking. He ran as a Republican in the 2018 congressional primary race in Florida's CD 22. Javier is also a political consultant, and has also authored "BROWN PEOPLE," which is a book about Hispanic Politics. Learn more at www.brownpeople.org Email him at [email protected]

Rep. Ron DeSantis -The Floridian
FeaturedFlorida Politics
Lawmakers Play Lottery With Education
The Educational Enhancement Trust Fund could face a potential drop of $63 million.
stephanie murphy
FeaturedFlorida Politics
Stephanie Murphy in as Future Forum Chair “to Give Millennials a Voice”
Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 9.02.24 AM
FeaturedNational Politics
Scott introduces pre-existing conditions protection bill
Florida Sen. Rick Scott, who last month introduced and passed an amendment in the [...]